Integrating Stem Education into Classrooms
The course provider sends the necessary information regarding the course materials to the beneficiary school. After the detailed information about accommodation, transportation and eating and drinking of the visiting teachers is sent to the schools, a preliminary information is given to the leading teachers about the content of the course.
STEM Education reinforces children's natural curiosity, their desire to explore their environment and objects in their living spaces. The STEM approach supports these desires of children and enables them to make inventions and grow up as lifelong learners. With STEM applications of preschool students, computational thinking, problem solving, entrepreneurship, creativity, collaborative work and questioning thinking skills are developed.
It is important for students to have basic science and engineering knowledge in order to follow scientific and technological developments and to follow global problems from an early age. Emphasis on engineering at all levels is critical in terms of learning, academic achievement, understanding the nature of engineering, and increasing interest in engineering and technology. It is critical that STEM applications become an important part of education from an early stage.
STEM education is an approach that is expected to cover the process from preschool to higher education. In the program, which is implemented from pre-school to primary school level, STEM approach, which allows students to develop their entrepreneurship skills, contributes to the training of more productive individuals who produce qualified solutions to problems. Bringing students in this age group together with science, mathematics, engineering and mathematics in a thematic approach also makes it necessary to develop teachers with a sustainable perspective. In this sense, there is a need for teachers who will implement activities that focus on different disciplines together. STEM applications that provide an atmosphere where both teachers and students can develop together as learners should be supported from an early age.
Warm Up-Ice Breaking Activities
Questıon - Answer Technıque
Braın Storm Technıque (Osborn)
Problem Based Learning
• Understand what is STEM education
• Update teachers’ skills on ICT
• Develop a school plan on STEM eduaction
• Create new learning outcomes related to STEM learning
• Plan how to integrate lessons into STEM ideas
• Make deliberate choices with regard to students' interests and needs and the relevance of what is to be studied.
• Help students to develop independent knowledge and skills.
• Arise students’ collaboration, inquiry, creativity, and critical thinking while engaged in rigorous standards-based curriculum and authentic and meaningful learning involving real-world and open-ended challenges or problems
• Learn how to improve students’ soft skills such as work ethics, positive attitude, social grace, facility with language, friendliness, integrity, and the willingness to learn.
• Learn how to adapt new and innovative methods and tools into their teaching styles
After the course, all trainees will be given copies of all course materials that can be shared with their colleagues in their institutions within the scope of dissemination activities. In addition, a self-assessment form will be provided to enable trainees to learn on their own. At the end of the course, participants will fill out an evaluation form regarding the content of the training.
• Activities: all courses include at least one guided city tour and one full-day excursion (usually on Saturday).
• Certificate: all our courses guarantee a Certificate of Attendance if 80% of the lessons will be attended.
• Lessons: classes take place in the Morning (9:00 – 13:45)
• Platform: participants will have free access to our e-learning platform.