Multimedia Design and Production in Education
Other resources such as articles etc. will be shared during the course sessions.
This course covers topics that utilize contemporary methods for digitally designing multimedia. Participants will learn how to digitally create multimedia and prepare it for various end products including print and web. Topics will include digital image editing, 2D computer animation, and Web 2.0 tools. Students will have the opportunity to apply and demonstrate proficiency in concepts learned in class by engaging in projects and activities assigned to give them experience using various forms of media to solve real-world problems.
The course involves practical skill-building activities to help you to design multimedia projects. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants. The focus of the training is on learning in an interactive and international environment applying knowledge of task types and task design to the real contexts and/or in the classroom. A wide array of pedagogical methods based upon experiential training, group and peer activities, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange are employed throughout the course.
At the end of this course participants are expected to:
Your participation in the live lectures is very important in terms of understanding the theoretical foundations of the course and developing multimedia applications. The participants are expected to design multimedia materials on selected Web 2.0 tools.
This standard daily program might be personalized on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
· Introduction to the Course - Expectations
· Introduction to Multimedia
· Multimedia Technologies and a Brief History
· Adobe Photoshop (Basic Photo Corrections)
· Design principles in multimedia learning
· Adobe Photoshop (Layer Basics)
· Cognitive load theory and multimedia design
· Adobe Photoshop (Quick Fixes)
· Visual design, visual design principles in multimedia applications
· Multimedia design: Animation, video
· Multimedia authoring system, design tools
· Adobe Photoshop (Masks and Channels)
· Multimedia design in the web environment
· Measurement and evaluation in multimedia applications
· Usability in multimedia applications
Course Centers: Istanbul University- Cerrahpaşa Continuing Education Center