Outdoor Learning / Experiential Learning
The course provider sends the necessary information regarding the course materials to the beneficiary school. After the detailed information about accommodation, transportation and eating and drinking of the visiting teachers is sent to the schools, a preliminary information is given to the leading teachers about the content of the course.
Outdoor Learning is a broad term that includes discovery, experimentation, learning about and connecting to the natural world, and engaging in environmental and adventure activities.
For example; multi-day expeditions, woodland and coastal learning, youth or community activity courses, school residential trips, outdoor and adventure sports coaching, sail training experiences.
Outdoor learning involves the transformation of knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours through direct engagement with the outdoor environment for the personal and social benefit of individuals, families, society and the planet.
Purposeful experiences in the outdoors can be a catalyst for powerful and memorable learning.
Outdoor Learning is more than adventure sports or simply taking what could happen indoors outside. It can be found in a wide range of environments and situations, including personal adventures, outdoor recreation, informal education; non-formal settings, such as in clubs, Scouts and Guides; and formal settings such as those found in schools, colleges and universities.
What outdoor learning offer?
Outdoor learning develops self-awareness, confidence and self-esteem. develop collaborative-working and communication skills. provide positive health benefits – both physically and mentally – and assist gross and fine-motor development.
Do students work better outside?
The number of studies has documented increased school performance through outdoor education. Research has documented increased standardized test scores, enhanced attitude about school, improved in-school behavior, improved attendance and overall enhanced student achievement when students learn in and about nature.
The methods that we use based on experiential learning and learning by doing. We use both formal and non-formal teaching methods and care for mutual learning. Lessons are interactive and we prefer group works and individual learning together.
• Develop a sense of understand about outdoor experiential lerning
• Enhance leadership skills
• Increasing self-esteem and encouraging risk taking
• Developing an internal locus of control, improving time management, increasing awareness of one’s personality and problem-solving styles, and enhancing creativity
• Learn how to increase awareness of students’ strengths and weaknesses
• Learn to prepare a lesson plan realted to outdoor experiential learning
• Understand the elements of outdoor experiential learning
• Recognize the benefits of outdoor experiential learning
• Learn what are the risk assesment plans in outdoor experiential learning
• Learn non-formal teaching in outdoor experiential learning
• Learn the self assesment and the tools of reflections
After the course, all trainees will be given copies of all course materials that can be shared with their colleagues in their institutions within the scope of dissemination activities. In addition, a self-assessment form will be provided to enable trainees to learn on their own. At the end of the course, participants will fill out an evaluation form regarding the content of the training.
• Activities: all courses include at least one guided city tour and one full-day excursion (usually on Saturday).
• Certificate: all our courses guarantee a Certificate of Attendance if 80% of the lessons will be attended.
• Lessons: classes take place in the Morning (9:00 – 13:45)
• Platform: participants will have free access to our e-learning platform.
2021-2022 Course Dates
7-11 June 2021 – Amsterdam
13-17 September 2021 – Florence
13-17 December 2021 – Istanbul
7-11 March 2022 – Brussels
9-13 May 2022 – Vilnius