STEM Education - Robotics - 3D Printing
This training aims to inspire and equip the participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to design, implement, and evaluate effective STEM practices, basic understanding on coding- robotics-3D printing, innovative STEM learning tools, and tips to integrate STEM education with robotics and 3D printing into the classrooms. Participants will also be provided insight into how to make STEM education with robotics and 3D printing more beneficial to support students' motivation, engagement, and learning in STEM fields. Upon successful completion of the training, the participants will be able to:
Theoretical Framework of STEM Education
· Ice-breaking activities/ team building
· Identifying learner needs and expectations
· 21st century learning: Preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s workforce
· What is STEM education?
· Importance of STEM education
· Components of successful STEM education
· Integration of STEM education into schools
Hands-on STEM Activities
· Engaging in STEM practices addressing diverse majors of the participants.
Creating STEM Lesson Plans
· Characteristics of effective STEM lesson plans
· Steps for STEM Lesson Planning
· Discussing sample STEM lesson plans
· Designing a STEM lesson plan (team-work)
Presentation and Evaluation of STEM Lesson Plans
· Presentation of STEM lesson plans developed collaboratively
· Evaluation of STEM lesson plans using the STEM Lesson Plan Rubric
Suggestions for Integrating STEM into your practice
· Sharing good practice and ideas for STEM integration addressing diverse majors such as science, mathematics, environmental, engineering and technology education
Introduction to Coding and Robotics
· What is coding?
· What is robotics?
· Introduction to coding and robotics for primary and secondary schools: Concepts, tools, and ideas
Block Based Coding with Snap4Arduino
· Block based programming
· Snap4Arduino interface
· Character movements
Introduction To Basic Electronics
· Basic concepts of electronics
· Circuit elements (sensors, power supplies, motors, etc.)
· Practice (Circuit setups with TinkerCAD Circuits)
Practices on Arduino using Snap4Arduino
· What is Arduino? What can be done with Arduino?
· Arduino types
· What is Firmata file? How does it work?
· Connecting with Arduino
· Practice (working with button, led, temperature sensor, light sensor, distance sensor)
3D Design and 3D Printers
· What is 3D Design? How to create?
· What is TinkerCad? How to use?
· TinkerCad Practices
· What is 3D Printer? How to use?
· What is Slicing? Using CURA Software
Integrating Robotics into STEM Education
· Robots and working principles
· Introduction to mBlock
· Sample applications in mBlock
· Practice (robotics projects examples)
General Evaluation and Closure
• Discussion & Feedback
• Certification of Attendance